Thursday, July 12, 2012

Thursdays Child Has Far to Go

Remember that nursery rhyme that starts out, "Monday's child is fair of face"....and then goes on to say, "Thursday's child has far to go"? Well, today I was definetly a Thursday's child. I had a zillion projects I thought I would complete today and although I got a lot done, there is still much to do and not one of them is actually completed.

All in all it was a fun day even though nothing got crossed off my list.....

Here is a little peek at one of the things I was working on. It is for a very important (to me) baby shower on Sunday!


I can't show any more of it for now in case a certain someone visits my little blog!
It seems like it is coming together quite nicely...I hope I like it when I am finished!

Part of the reason I wasn't able to cross much off my list today is that I got just a wee bit sidetracked with the instagram photo of the day challenge.

Today was "texture" and I took way too many photos and then played with them far to long. There were three that I really liked. One was a picture of some sand dollars that I found in San Diego on Hub's and my 25th wedding anniversary. Another texture photo I liked was of a linen table skirt I made a few months ago and the third photo was of a pillow that was sitting on a little bench in the sunlight. The pillow is a very deep brown irridescent fabric and in the light it picked up a lot of other colors.

When I looked at the three photos together, it reminded me of walking along the beach at night in the moonlight. Have you done that, when the light of the moon allows you to see the tops of the waves when they crest and the chards of sand catch enough light to sparkle?  I love the beach at night because it looks like an entirely different place than it does during the day. Anyway, I got the idea to put all three pictures together collage style and make my "impression" of the moonlit beach.


And there it is. I think I like it. The waves, the sand, and the sand dollars.

Hope you had a fun and productive day!
Tomorrow's Friiiiiiiidayyyyy!


1 comment:

  1. Oooh I can't wait to see your finished project, Barbara. I know it will be spectacular! I've been loving your Instagrams too - they are little individual pieces of art.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete