Friday, July 13, 2012

Happy (LUCKY) Friday the 13th!

Normally I wait until the end of the day to post something, (haha---like all four of my posts---does that qualify for the word "normally"????) but today, I just can't wait. IT IS RAINING at my house! This is such an amazingly good and happy thing. Having grown up in the midwest, I never would have believed I could get almost as excited about waking up to rain as a child gets about waking up to Christmas morning.

I wanted to get pictures...again, I remembered Indiana....I wondered if anyone there runs for their camera when the rain comes. I think Hoosiers are more likely to feel that way about the sunshine....

Possibly (actually, most definetly) not the greatest photos, but I am still anxious to share them on my little blog.


The first photo is really dark because the sun hadn't yet come up. But as I sat watching the clouds and waiting for my coffee to brew, I loved how the table top reflected the morning sky and almost made it look as if the water was coming into the kitchen. But I was disappointed that it didn't look like it was going to rain afterall.

Seeing that it wasn't as overcast as I thought it was going to be, I had to shut all the shades to keep the Eastern exposure from cooking us. I HATE to have the shades drawn, but it is necessary, very necessary, to ward off electric bills that send you into heart failure! (The bills are still horrible, but not AS bad as they could be.)

Because the shades were shut, I didn't realize that the sky turned very cloudy until
I heard a clap of thunder.....

Opened the shades to find RAINDROPS and ran outside to try to get a picture that I liked for instagram.



Only snapped this one when the thunder and lightening scared me and I retreated back indoors. (Sad face)

Inside I stood at the window a minute and decided that maybe the raindrops on the window were actually photo-worthy and that's when the miraculous happened.......



Just as I snapped the shutter, the Blue Heron that I have been trying to capture in flight swooped into the frame!!!!
I hadn't even known he was there.

Granted it is not the best photo, (none of them are, today) but I feel so lucky!
He is so very, very sneaky and fast, and I always stalk him and try to photograph him in flight but I have never managed. So even if this is poor quality, it feels pretty lucky and serendipitous to me!

So Happy Friday the 13th to any visitors to my little blog today!
Have a safe and happy weekend!
Hugs!

One last note...since I didn't know the Heron was there....is it possible that HE is stalking ME instead of the other way around? Hmmmmmm.
Thank goodness HE doesn't have a camera!

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your rainy pictures, and that bird one is very neat! It's gloomy in CA today, but no fun rain... just a little drizzle.

    ReplyDelete