Saturday, July 21, 2012

Bright, Sunny, and Yellow Saturday



Today started out bright and sunny! I wanted to do the instagram photo of the day which was titled "9:00". At that time this morning, however, I was driving to pick up a friend to head to Sweet Salvage in the Melrose District of downtown Phoenix, and wasn't able to get a photo! (I actually got one of the clock in the car with the time and the temp showing that it was already 93 degrees, but it was totally blah and there was no way to doctor it up no matter how many filters I used!) So, no photo, but on to Sweet Salvage!

Sweet Salvage is held once a month for four days and is a hodge-podge of cast -offs, remnants, furniture, and artifacts, brought together and skillfully displayed by a group of women. There are fun things, artful things, useful things, and just plain junky things that this talented group manages to display in just such a way that you want to pay big bucks for everything you DO NOT need.  It's fun though and always inspires me to look at objects in a different way.  Browsing through the chaos makes me contemplate how I might repurpose what I already have and am currently not using! I SHOULD have snapped some nifty photos there....what was I thinking??? (or in this case not thinking). Again, I missed a great photo opportunity! That is two failed photo opportunities and it wasn't even 11:00!

After Sweet Salvage my friend Jackie and I went on to Biltmore Fashion Square and had brunch at True Foods. I love the way they put their entrees together and my Greek Frittata didn't disappoint! My real perk today though, was an iced beverage in a tall frosty glass. It was a combination of fresh ginger, agave, and soda! So refreshing on a hot and humid day!

Maybe it was the ginger-agave mix, I don't really know, but suddenly I opened my eyes and saw all these amazing yellow, as in really, really bright yellow, chairs and umbrellas right outside the window by our table. I came out of my photo stupor and said, "I have to go take some pictures", to my friend, who looked just a little unsure, but said, "Oh, okay......" and off I went.






1 comment:

  1. I LOVE these pictures... I can't believe that I love something soooo yellow haha. Glad you caught these :)

    ReplyDelete