Sunday, July 22, 2012

Playing Catch Up

Hey Little Blog! The last week has gone by so very quickly. I didn't even get a chance to sit down and fill you in on all the different events that took place! So here is just a limited recap in photos.......


I put away the Fourth of July Decorations......
It always makes me a little sad to take a "holiday" down and box it up...
But yes, there is always something new to look forward to,
and the next couple of weeks will be busy, busy, busy!

Cali-girl came home for her sissy's first baby shower.....
It had been far too long since we had seen her.
We missed having her for Mother's Day, Father's Day, her birthday,
my birthday, Fourth of July, and just plain old anyday type of days.
But we had spaced her visit  to allow her to be here for her big sissy's first
"Baby Shower" so it was worth the wait. (Sort of)
The good news is that she will be back in less than three weeks!

Here is a photo of mama-to-be, her sis, sis-in-law
and soon to be sis-in-law, just before we left for the shower.


This little guy is going to be blessed with some really loving
 and lovely Aunties!

The shower was hosted by my dear friend Laura and it was beautifully done as is everything she does! The decor was adorable, the food was great, and the company was perfect.


 A little "Love"  through the hands!

Daughter-mama and me!

 She looks so tiny from the front.....
but I think everyone is surprised when they catch her from the side view!


More of the wonderful shower fare!

In the midst of all the weekend festivities, Hubby and I even had time to have
 a little "date night" while Cali-girl had dinner with friends. It was an unusually decent
evening as far as Summer Arizona temperatures go. It was actually nice enough
to sit outside for dinner and or drinks, and that's when I snapped this little photo
in downtown Tempe.


And then, just like that, the weekend was over and it was time to start this last week.
Cali-girl returned to her beach and business life which always makes me
a little sad. I just have to keep reminding myself how much I like the life she
has in California. It helps to think about her happiness there, but sometimes
it doesn't help enough.

This last week was filled with all kinds of little house repairs and
organization. We are getting ready for a 2nd baby shower hosted by
the soon-to-be aunts and uncles. This is why Cali-girl will be coming
home again for the second time in a month! The siblings have planned  a co-ed
shower since many of Daughter-mama and Mr. C's friends are single, newly engaged,
or newly married. This shower will be at our house and hopefully we will
be able to fit everyone in! I am just a wee bit nervous about the dynamics
of it all, but I am sure it will end up being lots of fun!

And no, I didn't think to photo anything we were doing in
preparation because I was pretty focused...and not used to documenting
what I do. Just be sure that the week was busy and this next one will be as well!
There is lots to be done, and not just because the shower is at our house. I think after our
initial move in and all the things that had to be attended to the first six months, we
tended to taper off a bit  in the "let's fix THIS and get THAT done" area.
It's all "stuff" that needs to be handled and of course it isn't possible for everything to be
exactly as I would like, but, it can be better! (Can you tell I am giving myself a pep-talk?)

So, that is it, Little Blog, you are pretty much caught up, for right now.
I will leave you with one happy little picture of my big "score" for
the week. I had wanted to get this scarf and this set of bangle bracelets
at Loft earlier in the summer. I had actually purchased them at one
point, but then felt guilty and returned them. On my birthday, Loft sent
their "$15.00 Off " a purchase of any purchase over that amount card.
I thought I would go have a peek at what I could do with that and
those two items were now on sale and the total came to $15.52!
My part of the payment was just 52 cents. Not bad when you
consider the original cost would have been close to $50.00!

Sometimes waiting DOES pay off!
(Sorry about the pun!)
Oh, and just in case you noticed, the bracelets and the
scarf do NOT go together, so, "No" I will not be wearing them
at the same time! Haha!








1 comment:

  1. Good catch up- my how fast time goes by! See you in a couple weeks though, weee!

    ReplyDelete