Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy Birthday

I am new (again) to the blogging world. I say again, because a few years ago I tried my hand at creating and maintaining a blog and just couldn't make a go of it. I was determined to make that blog be about paper crafting and all things related and found that I just couldn't keep up. Now, inspired by a blog one of my daughters did starting on her birthday and ending again on her birthday the following year, I am ready to give the world of blogging another shot. My daughter's blog started out to simply capture something special each day with a photo or two and a brief text explaining what made that particular thing or event something to be remembered. I would like to do the same thing. Each day is so precious and I know that in every twenty four hour period there are dozens (if not humdreds or maybe even thousands) of little miraculous events that occur in my life. Too often, I take them for granted and let one day slip into the next. A week goes by and then a month and pretty soon I am not completely sure of what happened when. Today I want to begin to change that.

In mid June my daughter that lives in California "invited" me to do the Instagram Photoaday Challange that she intented to take part in. I found that I really liked having that little assignment each day. It was fun to think throughout the day how I might find something to photograph that at least loosely fit the "caption of the day". I had been in a creative slump and I felt myself lightening up a little and  being almost silly with my approach to this daily challange. I started to feel a bit more creative and it gave me the idea to try that "photoaday" approach in blog form.

Here's the catch, I thought it would be as easy to upload the pictures to this blog as it is to instagram them. Hmmm. So far, I think I may have been wrong about that. So, it may take me just a little longer to actually get the photo part going, but I vowed that I would start on my birthday and that means that I start today. So Happy Birthday, Little Blog! You may be photoless today, but I hope to remedy that tomorrow and I hope you grow much, much better throughout the year!

And if you have stumbled onto this first attempt, please check back later to see if I am actually progressing.....and have a wonderful little day!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Barbara ~ First of all, Happy Birthday! To you AND your blog. I love the idea of a daily post as I think it keeps us on our toes looking for little bits of awesome in between the mundane. ;o)

    Your Instagram photos will be a great addition to this blog! I just upload mine to my computer (or email them to myself from my phone) and then pull them into a blog post. You'll get the hang of it really soon, I'm sure. And if you need help, I'm here for you! :o) Yay! I'm happy you are blogging again. I know you'll love it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! Happy birthday your blog and you! Can't wait to follow along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog looks great! Keep it up...you can do it! Happy Birthday to you and the blog! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo, I love that you are starting this up (again)! I love all of your Instagram images so I know I will love all your posts on here as well. I think your 59th year is going to be your most creative, fun, and daring year yet :)

    ReplyDelete