Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I've Got Mail

The past month has been extremely busy and although I have been in a creative frenzy I haven't posted anything on my blog. I was feeling a little down about this yesterday and then I got the mail! I had received this......

It was a complimentary copy of the Fall issue of Somerset Life that will be on the newstands October 1st! I had been notified that a little "work" of mine would be published, but I didn't know that I would receive this notice and advance copy of the publication! I have not had anything published before because I usually only make things when I need them. What I create is usually finished right before deadline and sent off to its new owner. But this particular little piece had fallen into the hands of Stampington graphic designers and they submitted it and it made its way into this Fall's issue as a Creative Living Idea. (And yes, it helped that my daughter is one of the graphic designers.....hopefully, it was selected on it's own merit though! She doesn't have anything to do with the selection process, but she and two other designers submitted it without my knowing....and of course I do not mind at all!)

I am grateful for the submission and the subsequent printing! It has inspired me to try harder and do more, more, more! I needed a boost and this couldn't have happened at a better time!

The following photo is after my hubby and I sat on the sofa together and opened the package and looked at the issue! I really do love all the Stampington Publications! Please excuse the patheticness of this photo, we don't "self" take a lot and we are pretty poor at it. But, it was just such a fun moment to share with each other!


I am holding the magazine, but it is only half in the photo!
Told you we were bad at this! Haha!
 I spent a long time looking at the entire publication....I really love all the Stampington magazines, but this one is my favorite. I get so excited and so inspired by the work of the artists.....and some of my fondness stems from the fact that my daughter is currently Lead Graphic Designer of this particular pub! I know that I am the typical totally biased mom, but I do think she does a beautiful job with her part of designing the layout! It's hard not to have her living close to the rest of the family, but seeing first hand what she is doing right now, makes it easier!

And with that, I will say good day! If you are a "creator" I would  encourage you to submit something to Stampington and Company.....It really is a fun little perk to see your work in print!

Stay safe friends and have a beautiful rest of your day! Oh and last but not least, here is a picture of the layout!



3 comments:

  1. Oh this post makes me so happy!!! :o) See? You are an ARTIST - I told you so. ;o)

    LOVE the picture of you and your hubby. Anytime you capture happiness like that, I think it is the PERFECT shot. Who cares how it's lined up?

    Congratulations, Barbara! This is well deserved. I'm going to buy a copy and have you autograph it for me. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was long over-due and now I hope you will submit more things! Glad you like the magazine and this issue, thanks for all the sweet words, makes it a lot more fun to design when I know the the artist :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of you and dad celebrating! Congrats on the publication Mim. I can't wait to get a copy!!!

    ReplyDelete