Saturday, August 18, 2012

Fun Friday Finds (this week on Saturday)

I had intended to write about this little find yesterday, but was waylayed by a seriously nasty migraine that took me away from all things fun for the entire day! I am so excited about this little find, though, that I can't wait for next Friday to post it as a Fun Friday Find.....so forgive the title on an actual Saturday!

I am in the mood for and anxiously awaiting Autumn. I am longing to experience all of the wonderful sights, sounds, scents, and holidays it brings. I try never to wish time away. I make it a habit to "live in the moment" and appreciate what is going on currently, but, I think pretty much everyone who calls Arizona "home" starts pining for Fall about this time of year.

I love everything about Fall, but my FAVORITE times a million thing is Halloween. I have already unpacked a couple of boxes of Halloween decorations and what-nots to just peek and and make sure they (with all their magic powers) didn't wander off somewhere and are still happily waiting to be displayed. Everyone (or I guess I should say everything) is accounted for, but of course it is still too early, so they had to be boxed back up and stored for another few weeks.

Sorry!  I got so distracted thinking about the delightfulness of Halloween and Fall that I forgot the purpose of this post was to show you this great little find from the dollar store.



I was amazed that this heavy-duty, cardboard stand-up was just a dollar! I can imagine so many different ways to use it. A votive behind it would look amazing and cast fun shadows all over the room! It would also be great as a center piece with those cute little pumpkins piled around the base, or used as a backdrop for another item. It could be glued onto another chipboard piece and used for an album or book cover.  I think its possibilities are endless...............

I'm not sure how I will use mine yet, but, hurry to the dollar store and get one for yourself, because I am sure you will be delighted to have it fill some little space!

I did play with my photo of the cut out on Picfx a bit and sent away for prints of some of the images to use in card, tag, and page making. I thought you might like to see some of the fun results from my altering.....


This is the what I think a votive placed behind the cut out would look like!

After I distress and mount the image on chipboard or cardboard it will
look more like this!

I really like this more severly distressed look, but the little witch gets a bit lost.
I can't decide if I am ok with her being just a "hint" or if I need her to be more
prominent. You know my love for witches!!!!

Love this one! I think in Picfx, this was the Paint Dabble effect!
And if I were a painter, I would  paint this exactly!

Ah, the fun! I love being able to play around with the photos and see the different effects. It really helps me decide what direction I want to take with a photo when I use it on something I am creating.

I hope you are as excited about the Autumn months as I am and I hope you have enjoyed this little find! I think it is a pretty sweet little deal for only a buck!

Have a great weekend! Oh, and if you think of an amazing way in which to use this cut out, please comment, I would LOVE to hear any ideas you  have!


3 comments:

  1. Now I'm excited for this years witch hat party. I hope Rett is invited even though he is a boy...we can make him a wizard hat instead of a witch hat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course he's invited! I'm thinking it will be his debut!!! Haha, are boys allowed "debuts"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great little find mim and I love the pics you made with it!

    ReplyDelete